Tools: Disassemble Screwdriver Set, Disassemble Screen Tool Set, True Tone Function Machine, Heat-resistant Maintenance Pad
Step 1: Remove the Screen
1. First, use the five-pointed screwdriver to unscrew the two five-pointed screws on both sides of the charging port of the mobile phone.
2. After unscrewing the screws, disassemble the mobile phone screen. Pay attention to that there will be a circle of waterproof glue on the iPhone X to bond the screen and the phone body. When we dismantle it, we should pay attention to this circle of waterproof glue, do not use brute force.
a. pry a seam from the two corners at the bottom first
b. Then use the pry tool to slowly cut the two sides and the upper part (note that only a circle of waterproof glue should be cut first, the pry tool should not be inserted too much, the screen and the shell should not be lifted too high during the separation process, and the right side display cable should not be pulled hard)
c. If it is really difficult to open, it is recommended to use the Split Screen treasure to heat the screen. The temperature should not exceed 70 degrees or use the household hair dryer to heat the screen around, so as to soften the waterproof glue. Use the screen removing device to lift the bottom until the warping piece can be inserted into it and then disassembled.
3. After all the glue are cut open, gently open the screen from the right to the left. There are three clips on the top of the mobile phone. When we open the screen, we first open the bottom, and then gently bring the screen down to lift the whole screen.
Note: open the phone from right to left.
4. When uncovering, the action should be gentle. There are wires in it. After uncovering, there are 5 screws in it that need to be unscrewed. Put them in different place and remember the corresponding positions (very important).
Note: the size of 5 screws is different. If the long and short screws are in the wrong position, the main board may have an issue. Remember.
5. After unscrewing all the screws, remove the BTB iron plate below.
6. Below the BTB iron plate is the screen cable connector. Note that there are three cable connectors here. The left most earpiece cable is glued.
Note: First remove the battery connection cable, then remove the display and touch cables connection from the mainboard.
7. Remove the glue that has been glued to the earpiece cable, and then remove the earpiece cable.
Note: the action of detaching the earpiece cable must be light. Do not break the cable, otherwise there will be no face ID function
8. After uncovering the cable connector, the mobile phone is completely separated from the screen.
Step 2: Remove the Assembly of Earpiece Cable
1. Remove the whole earpiece with cable assembly on the original screen and replace it with a new one. First, use a 0.7y-shaped screwdriver to unscrew the above three screws.
Note: one screw in the middle has a small iron plate. After removal, remember to install it and put the screw in place.
2. Remove the earpiece after unscrewing the screw.
Note: pick up from both sides.
3. After picking up the earpiece, there is a fixed plastic ring to be removed. It's hard plastic, and it's glued to the mobile phone. It can only be taken down after the glues are slowly scratched off from both sides
Note: do not use brute force, otherwise the cable will be broken, which will lead to no face ID function. If it is not easy to remove, it can be heated with a hair dryer, please heat it at the earpiece of the screen cover plate.
4. Remove the sensor and plastic ring
5. Install the earpiece cable assembly on the new screen. Fixtor pre-installed the plastic fixing ring at the corresponding position. Then put the receiver cable assembly on it and align it according to the screw hole.
6. Screw on the screws on the earpiece cable assembly. Do not forget to install the small iron plate of the middle screw mentioned above. The installation of the handset cable assembly has been completed.
Step 3: Screen Installation
The next step is to install the screen. Follow the steps of removing the machine and turn it upside down.
1. First, test the Fixtor screen to see if the display and touch functions are normal, and then paste the waterproof adhesive on the case of the mobile phone.
2. please use the true tone function machine to repair this function. Different brands of screens need corresponding true tone function machine. At present, the known OLED screen can adapt to all the true tone function machine on the market. If there is no original screen or the mobile phone has changed the screen and no true tone function , it is necessary to use the computer software to write the true tone function identification code. The operation details of each true tone function machines are shown in the manual details.
3. Install the screen cable.
Note: first, bend the screen cable according to the figure below, otherwise the cable will be damaged, or the you will have a touch abnormality after using for a long time. Pay attention not to use too much force when putting in the connecting base of the battery cable. Install it gently at the right position, and finally install the connecting base of the battery cable.
4. Before screwing, start the you mobile for function test. (including display function, touch function, 3D touch function, face ID function, true tone function, light sensing function and earpiece function
5. Install the BTB iron plate on the main board and tighten the screws. The sizes of the screws are different. The corresponding screws must be installed in the corresponding positions.
6. Please pay attention not to press the four corners of the screen, which is very fragile. When pressing the screen remember it is very fragile, might break the screen, and the touch might not work.
7. After the screen is putted in, screw in the five-pointed screw at the bottom.
Step 4: Mobile Phone Function and Screen Test
Functions to be tested:
3D touch function (this function has been changed to touch technology after upgrading to ios13, 3D touch function can be realized without gravity sensor on the screen)
Face ID function
True Tone function
Light sensing function
More detail please click the video to watch: